Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A New Day

Thing #1 started preschool today.  I was not ready for it at all.  I don't mean emotionally but instead I hadn't done any of the organizing I needed to do to get ready.  So, instead, I did it all this morning which was actually great because it just didn't give me a lot of time to dwell on what was happening.

Thing #1 was amazing.  He was neither anxious nor excited.  He took it all in as if it was just a regular day.  He chose his picture from the summer to bring in, got his backpack, climbed into the Jeep - and only then was I allowed to take his picture - and drove off with no big fuss.  The Husband took him in and after a few minutes left him there, with no complications or meltdowns.  When Thing #2 and I went to pick him up, he was have a great time.  I know that the first day of school for any child is bittersweet but this day has been a very long time in the planning, and I am just so proud of him.

No comments: