About 10 years ago, I got a piercing in my ear. I forget what it is called, because of course it has a name, but it is right in the middle of my ear. I wanted one for a while but was a bit of a wimp and I wanted something that wouldn't look silly as I got old-er. So, I finally did it and it hurt. A lot. I forgot how much it hurt until this week when, for the first time, it became infected.
The Husband immediately began advocating for its removal but my immediate response is No Way! I love it and I think it is because it is the last thing that still looks the same from 10 years ago. My body has definitely changed after having two kids. I have more wrinkles every year and my "Cruella de Vil" gray streak is becoming less of a streak and more of an all over look. So, I am incredibly grumpy from the lack of sleep all week and my ear really hurts. But I will persevere with my little salt baths because I just can't bare to part with it.
2 comments:
I once got my ear pierced at the top of my ear, but my dad threatened that I would have to pay for the rest of college....needless to say, it came out!
Ha! That is why I waited until I was on my own. But, it looks like I will be going to the doctor's tomorrow because it is still not any better....
Post a Comment