Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sleeping In

I know I am denial, but it just doesn't seem that long ago that I would get to sleep in on the weekends until 9 or 10 in the morning.  I remember a few glorious mornings when I didn't get out of bed until noon.  Of course, there was some reading going on but there was certainly a lot of sleeping, with a certain doberman snoring away next to me.  The Man (as in Doberman), even at the young age of 2, was just as game as anyone for staying in bed all day.  In fact, when you did force him out, I swear he would give you a look like you were the stupidest being on the planet.  Actually, he still does that.

Anyway, this morning I got to sleep until almost 7, well sort of.  Thing #2 slept until almost 7 for the first time since he was just a tiny little thing that woke up several times a night, or at least since The Uncles were here because they have a way of tiring both of our kids out!  Anyway, it really is a momentous occasion that Thing #2 slept as late as he did and it probably won't happen again for another year.  It would have been truly glorious if Thing #1 hadn't woken up at 6:15.

No comments: