Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

What a Difference Two Hours Make

We recently found a babysitter.  The goal is to give me two hours of uninterrupted working time so that I am not so crazy busy every night and every weekend.  I can get a lot done in 2 hours.   So, we hired a her for friday mornings, and it is glorious.

I get so much done in those two hours, without worrying if the kids are going to wake up and without being utterly exhausted because it is still morning.  And, I can get even more done at nap time because I am not feeling so desperate for some downtime.  The best part is that both of the kids *love* her.  In fact, after the first time she came, Thing #1 couldn't stop talking about her after she left.  I only wish I found her this time last year, because so far, this semester is much more manageable.  In fact, I think I am going to watch a movie with The Husband tonight.  Yay.

1 comment:

phoebe said...

perhaps if we work as a team we can kidnap her and force her to watch our children forever. There aren't any problems with that are there?

love may not be a strong enough word.