Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My First Garden

Here is a picture of my first garden....ever.  It is complete with vegetables, struggling strawberries and yes, even spiders.

I, of course, did not build any of this.  The Step-Dad did.  I was talking about how I was going to try to plant a garden this year, and apparently that was all that needed to be said.  After a week-long visit by my parents, I had this beautifully constructed and relatively weed-free space for anything I wanted to practice growing.  Thing #1 refers to it as Mommy's garden and The Husband keeps reminding him that it is Thing #1's garden too since he has helped out so much.  He says, "Yeah, but not Nana!"


After losing lots of seedlings, there seems to be some promise.  So far I have some peas, and we have actually eaten some lettuce and spinach.  I am pretty proud of myself.  Behind the fence, I planted two raspberry bushes (second attempt) and a blackberry bush, along with some sunflower seeds.

As my step-dad keeps reminding me every time I kill something, it is all about the process.  I seem to hear it a lot.

No comments: