I have been out of touch, and crazy busy but all in a good way. We went to see my mom and stepdad for almost a week. My cousin got married and it was an amazing wedding in the middle of nowhere with some good food, awesome music, and even better company. But I digress.
The wedding was the culmination of the trip which also included a visit to my great aunt, and an outing to a park that is half zoo and half amusement rides. We were there from 10 in the morning until 5:30 at night! It was awesome. Thing #2 was a trooper, especially considering that the only thing he got to go on was the big bouncy castle at the very end of the day. He refused to get out, but really, can you blame him?
We then put the Things in the car for about 14 hours over 2 days so that we could make it to the wedding and then make it home in time to pick up my Tucson friend from the airport on monday. Thing #2 was so mad at us when we were about an hour from home. But again, can you blame him?
So we are back in town for a few days but then I am headed off to D.C. for some time away from the kids and I get to see the sights with the Tucson friends. I am beyond excited. Yes, I am looking forward to the Smithsonian (which I may or may not have ever been to because I can't remember) and I am anxiously awaiting the Holocaust museum, fearing the state of depression that will surely follow, but most of all, I am looking forward to sleeping past 5:30. I am aiming for 10 o'clock....dream big or go home.
No comments:
Post a Comment