Thing #1 took a nap on monday and then that was it. I was exhausted by friday because although we have quiet time when he doesn't nap, he is still learning the quiet time ropes...which usually involves me going up there 3-4 times to explain them to him. We are going to get him this to help.
So on friday, we went to the toy store downtown to get some more books and some stamps. I figure the stamps will serve as a reward or incentive to do the quiet-time thing. While we were there, Thing #1 found this. I had no idea how much it cost because I didn't ask. In my state of exhaustion, the really nice saleslady asked if I wanted her to hold it for me and so of course, I said yes. So now, I have a $40 pirate costume waiting for us at the local toy store. The Husband is going to draw a treasure map chart with five days of quiet time on it so at least he will earn it.
In the meantime, he has napped beautifully all weekend, while The Husband was home. Of course.
3 comments:
oh my god I need that sleep timer thingy. let me know how that works.
I want to know how that works too. I saw that a few weeks ago. I showed it to Conor because I thought it might help Noah to sleep later....he just laughed. ugh!
I was going to get that for Henry, too. A couple of days ago I ended up giving him our new digital alarm clock because it's too bright at night and he loves night-lights. When we put it in his room I told him he couldn't come downstairs in the morning until the clock says 7:30. He knows the numbers, and he sort of understands clocks, but I think he's so nervous he's going to get it wrong that he just hangs out upstairs until he hears us walking around. It's been great.
Post a Comment