Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Getting Back On...

I admitted in a previous post that I had not been doing so well with all of my environmentally-friendly changes.  Well, I am back on the wagon!  My friend, Jenn, also started some of these things around the same time I did and when I read this, my initial reaction was "Wow, I just don't have that commitment, or brain power."  But then I started thinking a little bit more about it and realized that my scalp felt much better when I was using the baking soda paste.  I just didn't like what it did to my hair.

So, I have started using a baking soda paste on my scalp whenever I wash my hair and I use a little shampoo on the rest, as needed.  I put a little conditioner on the ends of my hair and so far, I am really loving the results.  My hair is not so wispy and brittle, and my scalp is also pretty happy.  I also use the baking soda paste to wash my face and I love that!  It is easy and it feels really clean.

I also stopped using body wash and have gone back to good old-fashioned soap.  I am borrowing a friend's idea of using roving to felt around the soap to help make it last longer.  Oh, and I also attached a spray nozzle to my dish soap.  I water it down and it lasts much longer.  Out of everything I have mentioned so far, I think I have gone through one plastic container this year.  Not so bad.

I have also acquired a few things to make aftershave for The Husband.  Isn't he lucky?

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Thankfully your first reaction wasn't "THAT'S why I suddenly had a craving for Vinaigrette the last time I saw her!" Hmm. I wonder if anyone in the history of mankind has ever had a craving for vinaigrette.

I'm going to do the spray nozzle thing, too; that's such a good idea.