Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Dear Cousin

I think I have only mentioned The Cousin once or twice here before, which is odd really because we see her almost every week...and my children love her! Thing #1 especially loves her. In fact, it is almost like a boyish crush. He talks about her all week long, saves her fruit snacks, looks shyly at her when she is otherwise occupied, and then clams up in front of her. I will have to check to see if his palms are sweaty next time!

But, in all seriousness, considering that we have always lived pretty far away from family, it has been a great treat to be so close to The Cousin. It is bittersweet really, because it makes me miss the rest of the family even more.

So, Cousin, we are really going to miss you this summer but we are also looking forward to the next three years. And, if you should fail a few classes or somehow otherwise extend your higher learning experience at one of the most expensive colleges in the country, we would love it. Your parents, not so much.

No comments: