My friend, Jenn, once told me that I was chronically employed, when I was complaining about working too much. She is right. It seems like I just can't say no, which is both good and bad. It is good because I am lucky to have work, especially the kind of flexible work that I can do with two little ones at home. It is bad because it stresses me out sometimes and makes me very busy.
The reason I bring this up now is because I am in the middle of a 3-week long project. It started out really stressful but has become much more mellow. It is a sporadic gig that I can choose to accept or decline so I really love the flexibility. I get paid pretty well, especially considering I live in the middle of nowhere, but sometimes there isn't the work available that was promised. All of this has sparked a debate in my head about whether or not it is worth it. And of course, I have realized that the debate is futile. Because, Jenn is right. I am chronically employed and I should just embrace it!
No comments:
Post a Comment