I try to avoid going foodshopping with the two Things. Not to say that I never take them, but if I can go without them, I do. Today, however, we needed just a few things. Besides, my friend does it all the time with grace and makes it look easy, but then she makes a lot of things look easy. That should have been my clue.
As soon as we got into the store, Thing #2 started his shouting, which he usually only does at the table during meals when we are not giving him enough food. I quickly realized that he did not understand the concept of putting things in the cart, instead of in his mouth. So, after many requests from Thing #1, we headed over to the goldfish aisle. Thank God for Goldfish!
All went well until we went out to pack up the car, at which point I left my keys in the trunk. Luckily , we live in a small town and The Husband actually answered his phone. Thing #2 busily explored all of the lined-up shopping carts while Thing #1 indulged me in the "That's not Daddy" game, until The Husband (very quickly, I must say) arrived to save us.
All in all, it was kind of funny. Not like the time I locked myself and the dogs out of the house...but inside our 4-foot tall fence...seven months pregnant...in the middle of winter...while Thing #1 was napping. Actually, a year and a half later and that one is now kind of funny too.
No comments:
Post a Comment