I am having the best mother's day ever. The two Things and The Husband brought me breakfast in bed, and Thing #1 stayed with me and helped me eat it, while The Husband got everyone else's breakfasts ready. Then I opened a present from the Things and got to take a shower. I also got to open some more presents; some jewelry from my mom, both store-bought and handmade! And, since I also received a little cash from my great aunt, we went to lunch downtown. It was the most relaxing meal I have had in a very long time. Thing #1 actually ate...a lot, and Thing #2 was totally chill. Then we went to the playground, and because it was a little chilly and very windy, we stayed just a few minutes. After being unable to convince Thing #1 that he, in fact, wanted to go home instead of going for a walk, we proceeded to strap both kids into the stroller and went all around the downtown.
We came home and called some of the women in my family and Thing #1 wished them all Happy Mother's Day by shouting it into the phone! Now, both kids are asleep in bed. The Husband is lounging on the couch, and I am off to do some grading. We have no plans for the rest of the evening. Not a bad way to spend a day!
No comments:
Post a Comment