Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

We Are Family

I had one of those days, you know, the one where you wish you could just leave everyone and everything behind and take off on the open road. At least for a an hour or so. I had one of those days. Thing#2 decided that sleeping the entire night was just too decadent, so he slept on and off, mostly off, throughout the night. Thing #1 lured me into thinking that he was in a great mood since he was all smiles for most of the morning. That is, until we went to Open Gym for the little ones in our area. They open up the gymnastics gym for two hours for energetic toddlers to do whatever their little hearts desire. When I explained the concept to Thing #1, he was excited, but the reality was very different. Once we got there, both Things melted down completely. I only survived through the help of my mom friends. (Thank you!)

So, that set up the rest of the day for meltdowns varying from whinging and whining to full-on hysterics. That is when my family stepped in. The Husband and the Cousin came home with Pad Thai. Magically, I was cheered up (Pad Thai), Thing #1 cheered up (the Husband) and Thing #2 started giggling hysterically (the Cousin). Pretty soon, Thing #2 went to bed (yay!) and Thing #1 is now downstairs playing with the Husband and the Cousin, happy as a pig in mud. Thank you Cousin for choosing to live near us for the next few years. I can't imagine you being any where else!

2 comments:

phoebe said...

we had an afternoon of screaming instead of napping here. it was awesome. maybe there was something in the air. let's make sure to get rid of it soon. or we are going to have to start looking to the black market to sell the children.

Megan said...

Shoot! I was hoping you would take mine! Perhaps my dogs can raise them all!