The Bippy Fairy has come (twice!) this week and all of Thing #1's pacifiers are gone. It was about time, but I have to say that I was far more traumatized by the whole experience than he was, partly because I was a little terrified of his reaction. Thing #1 had become very attached to one pacifier in particular, which he named Blue, so I was convinced that I would be sleeping in his room for a few nights while he made the transition, or worse yet that he would drop his nice, long afternoon nap altogether. I am not ready for that.
Instead, the lesson learned is that I need to have more faith in my children. Thing #2 weaned from breastfeeding with no problems two weeks ago and now, Thing #1 stubbornly but peacefully departed with his beloved pacifier without incident. The little boys are growing up.
1 comment:
Hooray for Thing #1! That's awesome!
I've found that I'm having to be taught the "have faith in my kids" lesson over and over and over again. It's been a slow one to sink in, but it's definitely getting there.
Post a Comment