Thing #2 was addicted to his pacifier...I mean, seriously addicted. A few days ago we decided to keep it in his room so that he only used it for sleeping. We expected a fight, because he can be pretty stubborn. But as usual, I have underestimated him. He is doing great. He loves "bippy" and asks for it repeatedly once he is in his room, but once he wakes up, he puts it (or them!) in his cup and says "Byeeee" and we head downstairs. Not another word is said about it. He really does amaze me.
Being the second child, I feel like I have barely documented his progress, so here are some of his words.
Things that Thing #2 says regularly:
Mama
Dada
bippy
hot dog
truck
snack
bye
bath (baa)
jeep ("jjjjjj"-- but hey, that counts, right?)
bee
Baaa (for sheep)
Mmm Mmm (for car)
goal
Things that Thing #2 says if you ask him:
old
poop
Things that we know Thing #2 can say but vigorously shakes his head no when asked:
orange
Thing #1's name
Nana
I am pretty certain that he should have more words than this by now. My instincts are that he will catch up in his own time. Either that, or I will just do what I always do: wait until things go on too long, then, after much fretting about what to do, give him a little push which he will handle gracefully.
No comments:
Post a Comment