I have been in denial for most of my life, only slowly coming to this realization in the past few years: I really hate winter. I would much rather sweat through any sunny summer than trudge through even the mildest winter. Sure, snow is great, for the first few hours. Then it just becomes a hassle. It gets all slushy and muddy, and even the more pristine parts just get too icy for my taste. And, even if it doesn't snow it is usually too cold to really do much outside for too long.
Why all of the complaining though? Because really what I hate is what comes along with winter....sick kids. So far, in January alone, we all have had sinus infections and and we are now taking turns with the stomach bug. It doesn't sound like that big of deal, except that we are only 10 days into the month, and we have at least four long months to go before we are most likely free and clear. So, yes, winter can be beautiful, but I really could live without it.
2 comments:
I love playing in the snow with the kiddos mostly because some of my fondest memories as a kid are doing just doing that. However, now that I'm a parent, I dread winter because of the aforementioned sickness. I can totally feel your pain! Hope Thing #2 is holding strong!
I'm with you. All the photos of snow look like fun, but I'd rather be here in the sun. Not missing winter a bit. (But we are missing you guys).
Post a Comment