Last week, the kids and I were waiting in the deli line at the grocery store. I apparently started to zone out, because this is the conversation that Thing #1 started with me:
Thing #1: Mommy, are you in your head?
Me: Am I in my head? Do you mean, am I thinking about something?
Thing #1: Yes, because when you are thinking about something you go into your head.
Me: Do you go into your head when you are thinking?
Thing #1: Yessss. Like when we use our imaginations. But my imagination is different than your imagination and your imagination is different than Daddy's imagination and Daddy's imagination is different than....
And, my experience of waiting in line for some sandwich meat was suddenly transformed.
3 comments:
Thing #1 is fantastic.
Don't you love their imagination? The other day Kate said, "Mommy, watch this" and preceded to stare into space. Then she said "I can talk in my head!" Even they have inner monologues =)
That is hilarious. I wonder what she said?
Post a Comment