Yesterday was a big deal in our family. We went to get U.S. passports for The Husband and for Thing #2. While they won't arrive in the mail for another 4-6 weeks, it was still pretty cool to bring in their passport photos and get the process rolling. Of course, Thing #2's photo looked more like a mugshot. Not joking. If he is arrested in 20 years from now, my first thought will be of his first passport photo.
After the trip to the courthouse, we went to eat some Chinese food and of course, got some fortune cookies at the end of it. Mine was pretty appropriate: Everything could be better, but it is good enough. I would say that is pretty indicative of my life right now. I teach pretty good, but it could be better. I am a pretty good stay-at-home mom, but I know I could do better. I am a pretty good wife, but I know I could have more patience. But the truth is, I can hold my own in the classroom, my kids enjoy playing with me, and I am pretty certain that my Husband still feels pretty lucky to have me. All in all, then, it really is good enough.
Thing #2's fortune though, was really the best. All it said was: Made in the U.S.A.
2 comments:
This is AWESOME! You are more then good enough!!!
Wow - does this mean no more Irish jokes?
Post a Comment