Because we have been caught up in sickness for the better part of three weeks, I feel like I let a lot of things get lost in the shuffle. But some pretty major things happened around here recently; most important of which was that we feared that the Husband had a tumor in his brain. Long story short is that after a surreal 5-day experience, we discovered that while he did lose the central vision in his one eye, he does not, in fact, have a tumor nor does he have cancer. Awesome! But also, wow.
Here is our recent past in a nutshell.
1. The Husband lost his central vision in one eye.
2. The doctors then got worried about a tumor.
3. We left the kids overnight for the first time ever.
4. The Husband was fine. No tumor.
5. The kids were fine. No problems.
6. Thing #2 said Mama when we got home.
7. The Husband still has no central vision...but he also doesn't have cancer.
8. Did I mention that Thing #2 finally said Mama?
What have we learned from all of this? My mother can mobilize an army to take care of all of our needs, including taking such good care of our children that Thing #1 cried for two days after she left. We have some amazing friends that were ready to step up and help out in any way imaginable. Our kids are amazing, and while I definitely generally take the Husband for granted, I am feeling like a very lucky woman, with an amazing family. Life is good.
1 comment:
Wow - glad it has all worked out. I've been thinking of you. Good to know that you got all the help you needed.
Post a Comment