Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Waxing Rocks!

Here is the first of my do-it-at-home-organically-if-possible updates. I waxed my own eyebrows. The husband was very nervous for me, and I have to say that I got a little scared that I was going to want to hibernate for several weeks, just in case I messed up. But, I didn't. And it was liberating.

This is what I used, and it was far gentler than regular wax. It is water-soluble so if you mess up, no big deal. The sugar-wax is completely organic and the fabric strips are washable and, therefore, reusable. And, the best part is I felt pretty empowered when I was finished, knowing that I really do know how to do things myself. I mean, they are not as polished as when my really good hairdresser does them, but she is 8 hours away! So, until I get to see her again, this will do just fine.

If I am this excited about waxing, I can't imagine what I will feel like when I eat my first home-grown brussel sprout!

No comments: