Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sleep, Colds, and Cheerleading

I finally found a cure to my exhaustion....sleep! I went to bed with a book at 6:30pm last night and promptly fell asleep around 7:00. I slept with a few minor interruptions until 6:00 this morning. While I would not describe myself as rested, I would say that I feel much more human.

Things #1 & #2 have been sick all week. Why is it that kids can't share toys, but they sure know how to share germs? We seem to have been struck with the same cold that is making its rounds through their friends. It is a rough cold, and I may actually take Jack to the doctor tomorrow just to make sure he has no ear infections. It comes with incessant coughing, a never-stop-running runny nose, and even a fever. So, it has been a challenging week.

One of the things that has saved us a little is Thing #1's use of words. He has decided that words are, in fact, useful. The other day, my cheerleading days (yes, I was a cheerleader!) came in handy as I asked for the letters of everyone's name. So, it went something like this:

Me: Give me an "D".
Thing #1: pause. "D".
Me: Give me an "A".
Thing #1: pause. "AAAA".

You get the idea. The point is, if we know you then we spelled out your name. And if you are lucky, then Thing #1 actually said your name. That includes you Aunt Fanny!

No comments: