Baking soda rocks! I started washing my hair with diluted baking soda. So far so good. My hair feels great. I am not getting that much style out of it, but then that might have something to do with the fact that I only get to wash it every 2-3 days!
And, for the toothpaste, I was waiting for my purchases to arrive. Jenn and I ordered essential oils from here and they arrived yesterday. So of course, I had to try out my new toothpaste concoction this morning. After referencing a lot of toothpaste "recipes" I have decided that I am just going to put baking soda, peppermint essential oil, and just a little sea salt in a jar and mix it with water. The recipes seem overly complicated and the one I used tasted way too salty, even though I added less than half of the recommendation. My only conundrum about the toothpaste is the lack of fluoride. Any ideas? I understand the debate surrounding fluoride, but yet, it still seems like a beneficial addition, especially since I am not swallowing it. On the other hand, I already have so many fillings that I don't think I have any room for any more cavities.
My projects for this week include learning how to use my sewing machine, making my own lotion and starting my broccoli, brussel sprout, and cauliflower seeds. Oh, and I might even make my own kitchen compost pail!
No comments:
Post a Comment