Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Nothing Like a Good Book

I currently have two favorite books, which is saying quite a lot because I just simply haven't had time to read much, so that probably explains the first one. This was recommended to me by a friend and it definitely does not disappoint. Skippyjon Jones quickly became a favorite in our house. Thing #1 loves it almost as much as I do. Holding my breath in case he says no, I keep asking if we can read it before he goes to bed. So far, we have read it every night since I bought it.

The next book, Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things, was given to The Husband by a colleague. The Husband has been keeping it from me for the last month or so, forgetting to bring it home. I discovered it last night and started reading it today. It is pretty depressing and inspiring at the same time. I am 35 pages into it and I suddenly want to go back to school to become an architect so that I can design and build spaces for human beings that enhance our relationship with nature rather than destroy it. Too bad I am old, and have no gift for design.

1 comment:

phoebe said...

I found cradle to cradle a wonderful read. Parts areuch less depressing and more inspiring.

Wow, reading. I remember reading. I should try that again.