Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Realism and Jeans

There is a conspiracy afoot in this country. I went and bought a pair of jeans last night and I ended up bringing home a size 2. There is something very wrong with this picture. I mean, I am feeling pretty good about the shape I have gotten myself into since giving birth to Thing #2, especially since I still looked 9 months pregnant when I cam home from the hospital with him! But, having said that, I have never been nor should I ever be a size 2. I just don't have that body shape. So, either American women are getting larger or The Gap is really desperate to keep their customers happy. In any case, I am sitting here typing this in size 2 jeans. Yay for me!

2 comments:

methrifty said...

I had the same thing happen to me. I bought a size 2 pants in The Gap in Charlotte the other day. Thought they seemed big, but thought to myself, "I can't be a zero." Bought them and sure enough they are too big. I was perplexed for days. I made myself feel better by eating a dozen donuts...just kidding.

Jenn said...

Wow. I'm now looking forward to jean shopping at The Gap.