Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Say Uncle

The Uncles left yesterday which concludes our 4-week family extravaganza! You would think that I would be happy to have the house back to myself but, frankly, I am not. I loved having all of our visitors, but even more importantly, the Things loved having all of our visitors. We have already had a couple of meltdowns from Thing #1, and Thing #2 is clearly bored because he is not sleeping as well as he did just two days ago. One morning, he slept until 7:45. It was then that I offered to pay the Uncles a salary if they just moved here.

Seriously, though, I would love it if they could be closer. Not only do I enjoy their company, but they are the easiest house guests ever. And, my boys absolutely love them. While I was out watering my garden, all I could hear were screams of laughter emanating from the house. We went to Philly for two days, we carved out a new evergreen bed, and generally enjoyed watching them play with our kids. We found ourselves saying the funniest things to Thing #1 because he just kept asking us all kinds of questions, wanting to know more about his Uncles. My favorite phrase of the week? "No, Uncle P. does not poop in the bath."

No comments: