Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

We Lost The Battle but Not the War?

Thing #2 has refused to drink milk since he was weaned a little over 3 months ago.  I finally decided last week that it seemed to just be stubbornness on his part.  He did not seem intolerant of milk and in fact, he actually giggled when he was given chocolate milk.  He just didn't drink it.  He would laugh and then spit it out.  Perhaps he was laughing at me, but at the time I took it as a good sign that if I just limited his choices then he would succumb.

So it began.  Last week we cut off all juice, including his calcium-fortified orange juice.  After a couple of days of that failing, I started limiting his water intake.  It was cooler so I wasn't worried about dehydration or anything, especially since he started eating more fruits and sucked the juices from them...in retrospect a very smart strategy on his part.  So, yesterday morning after a week of this, The Husband and I surrendered.  This does not bode well for our future.

No comments: