Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Gearing Up

After a nice, relaxing, stress-free, travel-free summer, (ha!) it is now time to start gearing up for preschool.  Yep, Thing #1 is starting preschool in about a month and it has become clear to everyone around him that if The Husband and I don't create some structure soon, we are in for a hard transition.  Thing #1 went from having 3-4 speech-related appointments a week, plus a little playschool with a few of his friends to nothing.  Yep, nothing.  He has had an occasional speech appointment this summer, maybe about 6 total since May. So, his OT and I have decided that we need to get him back on track.  She wants to see him weekly and I have been assigned the task of picking up a little magnetic board that we can physically create his schedule for each day, so he knows what he has accomplished and what he has left to do.

I personally think this all sounds a little overwhelming, perhaps because I am the one who has to do it all, but I can see the benefits for Thing #1.  So, goodbye lazy, dog days of summer.  It all went by so fast, that we really didn't get a chance to know each other.  But, crazy, busy days of autumn....we know each other very well.

No comments: