Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

Knock Knock

In our household, there is me, my husband, Thing #1, Thing #2, Big Dog and Brown Dog. Big Dog and Brown Dog have names but Thing #1 can't say them, so he renamed them as such.

Now, Thing #1 does not have much of a vocabulary. It doesn't stop him from talking, but he just doesn't have a huge variety of conversation, which makes his Knock Knock joke even more impressive. The other day I was trying to teach him the Knock Knock joke about the banana and the orange (you know, "Orange you glad I didn't say banana") and it morphed into the following:

Thing #1: Knaw, Knock
Me: Who's there?
Thing #1: Banana Dog!

Maybe you had to be there or maybe my sense of humor is all out of wack, but I just think this is the funniest joke I have ever heard.

1 comment:

phoebe said...

what does it say about me that I am laughing?