Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Yikes!

I get weekly email updates about my pregnancy that compares my baby's size to inanimate objects, mostly fruit.  This week's blurb told me that my baby should weigh around 4 lbs, which is apparently about the size of a pineapple.

So today, I had a routine appointment where I met a new midwife and my sister came along and wanted to hear the heartbeat.  It was great because my sister was asking all kinds of fun questions that I wouldn't normally think of or thought I knew the answers to.  Anyway, as the midwife was pushing and squeezing the baby in the belly (which I don't ever remember happening before), my sister asked the midwife if she could tell how big the baby was.  I almost laughed aloud because I thought to myself, of course she can't.  But almost immediately, she answered that she guessed around 7lbs.

I think my eyes nearly popped out of my head.  I have five more weeks to go so I really hope she is wrong....by a lot.

No comments: