Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Showings

I know I shouldn't complain about house showings, especially since that is actually the only way that we will sell our house, but they are getting a bit tiresome.  We had a showing today, and I had two glorious hours with a babysitter watching my kids so that I could get everything cleaned and polished.  It still took me 45 minutes to get out of the house with the dogs and the kids, and the house vaguely looking how I wanted it to look.

The real problem is that I love my house.  Yes, I still want to sell it but I do love it.  I love the convenience of the garage, the central airconditioning, my walk-in closet, my master bathroom with my own sink so I don't have to care about the Husband's leftover toothpaste.  The problem is that it is very expensive and it is pretty isolated.  I miss being downtown and walking around.  I used to just be able to get out more and walk when Thing #1 was little and I have barely managed to do that out here in the suburbs.  Believe me, I have tried!  One time, I walked to playgroup when about 7 months pregnant with Thing #2, and it was much further than I thought it was going to be and a lot more dangerous.  People in cars are seriously surprised when they happen upon a pedestrian.

Those are all the reasons why we want to move again, but it still doesn't make the process any easier.  I am hoping we will be moving by June or even July.  Until the house sells, then, I guess I just have to stop complaining and be happy that people even want to see the place.  I just wish someone would love it as much as I do.

No comments: