Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Moment

I had to take Thing #2 to the doctor's on monday because he had a fever on sunday night that just never went dropped to within comfortable limits.  As usual, I was not looking forward to taking both kids on my own but figured that Thing #1 was old enough to make it a little more tolerable than in the past.  It was, in fact, the highlight of  my week.  At one point, while we were waiting for the doctor to come in the exam room, I had one boy on each knee with their heads on each of my shoulders.  Both were basically hugging me while I sang them as many songs as I could conjure.  It was so peaceful and loving, and it lasted for a surprisingly long time.  I wonder if I will ever have another moment like that again, and for those who know me and my memory, I wonder how long I will remember it.  I hope forever.

1 comment:

Emily Haussmann said...

I'm getting tears in my eyes =) Thank you for sharing your special moment with me!