Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Since When....

do french fries count as a vegetable? Apparently, they have counted as a vegetable in our public schools for a while now and that is a little disturbing to me. And this is coming from the woman who survived her first pregnancy by eating fluffernutter sandwiches.

I am by no means a health guru, but I do try to find a good balance between giving my kids treats (which could be chocolate or fruit, depending on the day) and providing them with fun but nutritious meal time experiences. I am lucky in that I surround myself with other parents who do this too, often times far better than I can even dream about. Not everyone is so lucky, and it seems as though once my kids enter public school, they will cease to have such a good food choices.

So, if you get a chance, check out Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. I would like it better if my kids do not get the opportunity to eat pizza for breakfast.

No comments: