Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Creepy Crawlies

I read Jenn's blog about her son squashing a spider in the bathtub. About an hour later, this happened.

Thing #1, Thing #2, and I were outside. I was watering my garden and Thing #1 started rocking on his horse when he found a spider. He told me about it and, not wanting to pass on my freekish fear of anything with lots of legs, wings or even beady eyes, I calmly told him not to worry about it and I would be over soon. After telling me about the spider 3 times, Thing #1 got off the horse. When I turned around, Thing #2 was making his way to the horse. It was exactly at this moment that Thing #1 ran to Thing #2 shouting (imagine a high-pitched, blood-curdling, girly scream) No, No, NO...SPIDER!!!!! He grabbed Thing #2 from behind and pulled him back. Both of them toppled over. Thing #2 got back up, seemingly unfazed. Thing #1 hurt his bum and promptly insisted on going inside.

2 comments:

phoebe said...

oh yeah, they totally got your cool!

Jenn said...

I'll never forget walking on the beach at night looking for ghost crabs with you. I felt like a big, strong man. Except I'm a girl. Ha!