Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Thing #2 is 1!

This past year has flown by. I know everyone says that but it is true. I can't believe just a year ago we were wondering how in the world we were going to be able to love another child as much as we love Thing #1. Silly question, really. Thing #2 is simply amazing. He has a wonderful combination of independence and dependence. He runs around seemingly without needing anyone and then the next second he runs right up to me or The Husband and gives us the biggest hugs in the world; I mean, arms-wrapped-around-us-with-his-head-on-our-shoulder kind of hugs.

He is just such a happy, busy boy. From the moment he first rolled over, he was constantly trying to learn the next thing so he could move even more. So when he started walking at 9 1/2 months, I was thrilled because he was thrilled. He loves everything he shouldn't, like the dog bowls, the toilet water, the garbage can, and dead leaves. But he also loves music. He will bang away on his drum or his piano with gusto. And, the itunes visualizer cannot be beat. Forget baby signing time, the itunes visualizer is the only thing that keeps his attention for more than 30 seconds.

I can't believe that I am the mother of two so very different boys. They will definitely keep me on my toes but they are also so amazing to teach and to learn from, and for that, I am so lucky.

No comments: