Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Tale of Two Tongues

Thing #2 discovered his tongue this morning. I mean, really figured out that not only can he touch it but that it can do all kinds of things, like rub his teeth, lick his lips, and caress his fingers. He loves it and it is adorable.

Meanwhile, Thing #1 is learning so much. Today he had one of his occupational therapy appointments, which he hasn't been to in three weeks because of snow and sickness, and he didn't even bat an eye when I left. In fact, he blew me a kiss goodbye. Then, when we got home, he actually told me about his time. He told me that he found a lion, an elephant, an alligator, a monkey, and a "ghia" in his puzzle and that he played "I spy" with Miss C. Of course, I couldn't figure out what "ghia" was despite the fact that Thing #1 told me that it had four legs and that it jumped. So, after a call to Miss C., I found out that "ghia" was a deer! He sometimes finds it pretty funny that mommy and daddy have to play little games to figure out his words, but the fact that he sticks with us is a huge step. I am just so proud of the progress he is making, and I think he is too.

No comments: