Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Spring is in the Air

And apparently some of the living organisms have decided to incubate in my kids' bodies until the weather becomes more hospitable. After a visit to the doctor's, the pharmacy, the home healthcare supply store, and the hospital for a chest x-ray, we have learned that Thing #1 has conjunctivitis and an ear infection while Thing #2 has a resistant chest infection, possibly bronchitis but luckily not pneumonia.

What this means is that Thing #1 occasionally (read: every five minutes) screams with eye pain and Thing #2 has to take medicine via a nebulizer, which is an incredibly interesting task to complete for someone who is under 1 year old. He doesn't mind it but he also doesn't understand the concept of sitting still for more than 30 seconds. I can't wait until I have to do this by myself tomorrow. As one of my friends would say, fun times.

3 comments:

phoebe said...

good lord you poor thing!! I have been wondering about you guys all day! I hope you are doing alright. Can I bring anything by?? I have been on the fence as to whether or not to bring my two into the doctor, might just take them to be on the safe side.

Jenn said...

You're probably already doing this if Thing #2 is at all interested in it, but we found early on that television would enthrall Henry long enough to get a dose in.

We'll be laughing about this kiddie pool-side in a few months. I hope.

Megan said...

Phoebe, I would take them. I just brought Jack along just in case, and it turns out that he was the one who needed the most help.

Jenn, the visualizer is his distraction of choice. That, followed by Baby Signing Time. So far so good.

I can wait for the pool!