Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Stay-at-Home Working Mom

So, I am mostly a stay-at-home mom, whatever that means since I try to get out of the house as much as possible. But, most of my days are spent with my two little ones and I really enjoy it. Of course, there are those times when you really just want people to stop asking you questions or stop whining, even The Husband! In addition to my full-time mom job, I also have figured out a couple of really flexible part-time jobs. On one hand this is great, but on the other it is exhausting.

I am starting to wrap up one of those jobs and put it on hiatus for a little while, which got me thinking about what other moms do during the day when I am grading or planning one of my classes. I had the luxury this past weekend of figuring it out, and it was wonderful! I made one batch of ice cream, some baby-friendly veggies, two loaves of bread, and a huge sunday dinner. In retrospect, though, I went a little overboard and treated all of this like a job. I think I need to learn how to pace myself!

No comments: