I have a great group of people I get to hang out with. In particular, I feel the need to recognize the people who are helping me to raise my children. No, I am not talking about the Husband, or the grandparents, or aunts, or uncles. All of these people are incredibly important and shower my children with much needed, often under-appreciated, love and affection. But the people I am talking about are my peers, often with children of their own. You know, those who watch one or more of your children while you are otherwise occupied.
In particular, I feel the need to recognize the contribution of Belinda, Thing #2's surrogate mom. On playgroup days, I swear Thing #2 spends more time with her than he does with me. This got me to thinking about (1) how it really is impossible to raise children by yourself and (2) how crazy and miserable I would be without these people in my life. So, to all of my friends, thank you!
*You are curious, aren't you?: "Sometimes she fancied, that with all the eloquence of eyes he said, 'I adore you, Belinda...'"
1 comment:
If you hadn't mentioned how Belinda said that her kid would have been miserable in a Montessori setting, it may not have occurred to me to try Henry at a different pre-school. Her influence is far-reaching. So, thanks Belinda!
Post a Comment