Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Suburbia

I had really HUGE plans this year of decking out the house in all kinds of Christmas lights. We aren't putting up a tree so I have plenty of lights to use. I was really motivated one day so I started lighting up every one of our bushes, in colored lights no less. Our neighbors have only put up white lights. I think, because it is more tasteful. Anyway, we have a lot of bushes and after about a half hour, The Husband came out and, as I was working on the third bush, asked me if I thought I was overdoing it. I, of course, said no. But, Thing #1 and Thing #2 had other plans. So, I quickly undid everything, threw up a couple of strings of lights around our porch and promised myself that I would get out the next day to finish the job.

As you can probably guess, I still only have the lights thrown up around the porch, and it is driving me nuts. I mean, we can't possibly keep up with our neighbors' lawn mowing or fertilizing or gardening or sealcoating prowess, nor do we want to. But I really thought we could easily outdo the Joneses and their Christmas lights. But then again, I guess that is not what Christmas is really about. At least, not this year.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I have a personal affinity for multi-colored lights over white ones. Tasteful has never been my m.o. anyway.

Oh, and I'll totally come over and help, although after the tasteful remark, maybe you wouldn't want me to...