I play field hockey every week. And every week, my team loses at field hockey. We are not very good. That doesn't mean that we don't have a lot of fun, but let's just say that the ref stopped counting the goals that were scored against us last week. In our defense, we are playing against a lot of teenagers. So, of course this makes me realize how old I am. Every week.
In fact, I think I am the second oldest member of my team (Hi Dave!) but I will persevere because last night we won! And the team we played against seemed to be more of our age. It was a lot of fun. There was action on both sides, and lots of great passing and stick work. Of course the teenagers watching as they warmed up for the next game were probably bored out of their minds. So perhaps they will create an over-30 league, and then maybe I can feel young again.
No comments:
Post a Comment