My mom was here for the entire summer right through to the middle of November. She couldn't wait to go home and I wished she could stay here forever. With the birth of Thing #3, who is named after my grandmother, and the passing of a friend's grandmother, I have been thinking a lot about how important my own mother is in my life. I know I have mentioned her several times, but that doesn't really do her justice. I am not sure anything I type here will but I can try.
My mother has not had the easiest of lives, however, you would never know it by talking to her. She managed to pull herself together after the seriously tragic death of my father, and she did it mostly for me and my brother. She will be the first one to admit to her many mistakes, but she has always has the best interest of her children at heart. Despite the many challenges that followed after my Dad died, she always made sure that we were a central part of his entire family. My Dad's family has been so important to me from as early as I can remember, and that is in large part due to the coolest family ever, but also because of my amazing mother.
My mother is also the most generous person I know. She is generous in the truest sense of the word, emotionally and materially. If you need something, she offers it to you. If you complain about someone, she understandingly offers reasons why you should give them a break. If you are having a hard time, she does all that she can to fix it, or at the very least to make you laugh about it. I feel very lucky to be her daughter.
I don't know if this has even come close to capturing her spirit but it has at least described her most wonderful characteristics. I wish that I had more talent with the written word at moments like this, but I hope this will do. I love you, Mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment