Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Two Milestones

I'll start with me because it is a little less exciting than the other one.  I did my first real exercise yesterday, post-c-section...well, really since January!   I took one of my dogs for a long, brisk walk.  About 2/3 of the way through I started getting a little depressed at how out of shape I was, but admittedly it was really good to feel my muscles again.  Then when I went to bed (at 7:30!), I realized that I am in better shape than I thought, because what I thought was fatigue actually turned out to be chills and aches from a cold that completely wiped me out last night.  So, while I am still under the weather I feel much better about getting out and about.

The second milestone is much more important and much more exciting.  Thing #3 smiled.  Full on smiled.  It was adorable and completely changed the shaped of her face.  Her eyes lit up and she did a kind of Elvis-sneer combined with a huge smile.  Totally cute.  Which is good because she still won't go to sleep at night in under 2 hours.  Something has to offset the screaming.

No comments: