Those were the things that my family said they were thankful for, which made us all laugh. It also did get me thinking about how lucky we are and how thankful I am for everything in my life, including having a 2-year old with no other worries in his life so that goldfish crackers are what truly make him happy.
I am feeling very blessed this year in particular, with three healthy and seemingly happy kids. Thing #3 is wonderful, a laid-back little baby who is also very clear with what she wants. Thing #2 has an incredible sense of humor and a keen intelligence. And Thing #1 has grown comfortable with himself and his surroundings, and it is amazing to watch what he does with his confidence. The Husband has been extraordinary, taking the lead with the boys but also finding time to bond with his daughter. He has tirelessly carried this family through, not begrudging me any part of my recovery which indulgently includes carrying whatever I need, tracking down infinite amounts of water, and allowing me to indulgently sleep late in the mornings.
And this is only my little family. My extended family and friends have also been incredible. I am a very lucky girl and I am buoyed every day when I think about all of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment