My mom and mother-in-law were here for two weeks after the birth of Thing #3, and they were both invaluable to the care of our baby and to my recovery. However, since they have left, my friends have seamlessly stepped in to take their place as best they can.
I am pretty stubborn when it comes to asking for help. I generally dislike it, and I don't know why I feel the need to do everything on my own. My friends know this and decided not to wait for me to ask for help, but instead demanded to help me.
I have had friends over every day that I have wanted or needed it since my family left. I still have yet to pack up all 3 kids without someone helping me before, during, or after the process...which is both amazing and frightening to me at the same time! My friends have cooked my family many dinners. They have come over and washed my dishes and fed my kids lunch. They have held my screaming baby. Their kids have played with my kids, so that they could avoid yet another television marathon. They have done all of this and more.
It doesn't get any better than friends who know your limits better than you do and step in when you need them most. Thank you.
1 comment:
I could say that I want to help you but I'm really just angling for more precious baby time. Just teasing =) So glad to help, in the next 40 years, you'll have my back more then once I'm sure.
Post a Comment