Thing #3 was simply not happy on monday and alternated between crying and screaming all day, with two short twenty minutes breaks when she finally slept. At one point, Thing #2 was playing with his train tracks with one hand and covering his ear with the other. So after a long day of basically parenting himself, I knew that Thing #2 needed a break from Thing #3 more than I did. So, I took her out. As long as she was moving, either in the car or in the stroller, she was alright (mostly!) so it was a quick outing to a couple of stores to return things and pick up things.
My first real work out, followed by a mid-week break with friends helped me regain my sanity. I think I also started figuring out Thing #3 a little more. That, and she started sleeping even better at night. Those things combined have bolstered my resolve. By friday, I took the kids to the park and with the much needed help of a friend, the boys were able to run themselves crazy for over an hour.
So the week ended with a complete turn around from how it started. Phew!
Here is one of our finer moments.
And yes, that is a plastic snake that Thing #1 is putting on Thing #3's head.
No comments:
Post a Comment