Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Layover

**I wrote this last week before I left but I couldn't seem to download any pictures, so in an attempt to catch up with ourselves and our summer, I am posting it anyway!**

I have a few days at home before I am off again to visit friends in Colorado.  We got back from visiting family on friday and had a crazy return trip.  The flight home is long enough at just under 7 hours but then we got diverted to Boston where we sat on the tarmac for 3 hours.  We finally arrived at our airport after 12 1/2 hours on the plane.  The kids were amazing.  In fact they handled better than I did.  We got home at 1AM, and immediately fell asleep only to be awakened at 4AM because Thing #2 was still on Irish time!  We are finally settling into a routine though and the kids seem to be adjusted.  Phew!

The trip was amazing.  We visited a donkey sanctuary and a pretty amazing wildlife park:





We also spent many days on some beautiful Irish beaches:






And, we also went to Blarney Castle, which I think was the highlight of Thing #1's trip, even if he is still not sure if Uncle P was telling the truth about the giant that lives there.



There also a lot of playing with knights and soldiers, watching movies, eating a lot of chocolate, and generally having a great time.  It is always nice to come home but I really wish we were closer.

No comments: