Apparently my body was not ready to forgive me quite yet. What I thought was going to be just a 24-hour flu/cold thingy has now turned into some kind of chest/sinus infection. So, I am now on some antibiotics and I am clinging to the thought of feeling better in the next day or two.
I think the roughest part about sick now is not only am I days, hours even, from finishing up my semester-from-hell, but the weather has been glorious. In my head I imagine all of the things I could and should be doing with my children; including visiting with friends, going to the park, or even just playing outside. But instead, all my body can do is sit and watch while they are contained on the deck or laying on the couch while Thing #1 watches TV during Thing #2's nap. It would be quite depressing if it wasn't just temporary. It is temporary, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment