Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sleeping In

Why was I the only one to sleep in this morning?  After the gorgeous weather yesterday, two playgrounds, and a surprising resolve to stay wide awake all through quiet time,  Thing #1 started falling asleep on the couch last night just before bedtime.  Thing #2 has been a bit more clingy this week, needing to be rocked to sleep a couple of nights, building up a significant sleep deficit, and last night was wide awake for oh...about two hours.  So why, oh why, did they both wake up at 6:30 on the dot, as usual?

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I have a good feeling about tomorrow morning.

Oz_Mum said...

'cause that is what kids do. I hear sometime around the teenage years it stops.

Emily Haussmann said...

It's all part of their clever ploy to make us all insane...little by little by little. Or maybe that is just my kids and me?

Megan said...

No Jenn, it did not happen today either, but thanks for the optimism!

By the time my kids are teenagers, then I will be one of those strange older people that only need a few hours of sleep and won't be able to appreciate it. Wow, I really hope that does *not* happen!

The word verification for my post is "me wine". How appropriate.