I love my Kindle. I thought I wanted one for a while but I just couldn't decide, which was fine because I didn't really have the money for it anyway. Then my birthday came around last fall, and I couldn't think of anything else I wanted so I told anyone and everyone who would listen that I wanted a Kindle, or money that I could put toward it. Since I am generally spoiled and usually get what I want, I had enough money saved after my birthday (even with all of the great presents I got) to buy the fancy Kindle (with 3G), a case, and even some ebooks.
It was the best thing I have purchased in a really long time. So far, I have read two really good books, I have skimmed an informational book, and I am now almost halfway done with Uncle Tom's Cabin, a book I have been wanting to read for years. Considering that I averaged about a book a year without the kindle shows just how awesome this thing is. The problem with regular books for me is that once I finish one book, I don't usually have another one waiting for me, and then I just get out of the habit of reading. So, with the Kindle, I can just keep going and going and going. And, I have about 5 or 6 books on there just waiting for me, which only motivates me to read more. The best part is that I had forgotten how great it is to get enveloped in different worlds. I had stopped staying up late, unable to put the book down despite the knowledge that I would be exhausted in the morning. And, I have many new things to think about during the day, other than my kids, my family, and my job. It really is such a great way to keep my imagination sharp, because really, that is all I am going to have going for me when I am 90 years old and senile.
3 comments:
I'm sure the 20 cats you'll be living with will love your imagination. And the cute outfits you'll have knit for them.
I'm not sure how I feel about the Kindle...every time I look at it I want it...then I remember how good it feels to hold a book. Torn. But glad you have one!!
Misha, I strangely enough don't really miss holding the book. I thought I would but I don't.
Jenn, don't forget that they will be *our* cats. And, what abou the cute outfits I will be knitting for you?
Post a Comment