Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Still Here

Since the middle of January, we have survived:

  • 6 ear infections
  • 5 sinus infections
  • 3 stomach bugs (so far, fingers crossed!) *Scratch that, 5 stomach bugs.
  • 1 trip to the E.R.
  • an infinite number of nasty colds

Unfortunately, Thing #3 bore the brunt of this claiming almost all of the colds, five of the ear infections, the E.R. and a stomach bug.  Poor girl.  She is amazing though; a trooper when she is sick and constantly giggling when she is not.

I am putting this out there in the hopes that we are finished with such craziness and that, along with the wonderful weather, we will all be feeling much better.  I started questioning my ability to raise three children and began to consider that I had, indeed, made a horrible mistake thinking that I could handle it.  After a few days and Thing #3 feeling much better, I realized that it was not the three kids per se, but it was the three constantly-sick-kids with crazy preschool schedules that was making me a little insane.  So now, I am becoming optimistic about our future.

1 comment:

Emily Haussmann said...

You are one amazing woman and I'm so lucky to be inspired by you daily!!! Congrats on surviving and know you'll NEVER EVER forget this winter!!